Santa Isabel Residence Hall
Its origin goes back to
the University Residence situated at calle
del Temple 20, which, since its inauguration
in 1932, was managed by the Teresian Institution.
It was closed down during the Spanish Civil
War, and was thereafter moved to paseo de
la Independencia 10. In 1944, the Ministry
of Education entrusted the running of the
University Residence Santa Isabel to the Institution,
with the corresponding name change and the
backing of the University Rector. After being
moved to several locations, the University
Residence finally settles in its present location
on the University Campus in 1972/1973. The
University of Zaragoza is put in charge of
its running on 30 October 1990. It has been
mixed since the 1991/1992 course
with washbasins. All exterior. One
room adapted for handicapped students,
with bathroom, and one double room
for visiting university community
members, with bathroom.
The rooms are equipped with a 90 x
190 cm bed with wooden slats, wardrobe,
bedside table, bookshelf, ergonomic
chair and study desk.
The rooms are bright, comfortable
and well-suited to study and research
There are 192 places, all single.
The Residence has a kitchen-dining
hall, open all day, where the residents
can prepare their meals themselves.
There are 8 fully-equipped kitchens,
one on each floor. The kitchens are
equipped with electric cookers, fridge-freezer,
conventional ovens, microwave ovens,
sinks, extractor fans, etc.
Central heating and air-conditioning
are available in common areas.