[Universidad de Zaragoza]
Estás en: Inicio > Información Académica > Relaciones Internacionales
  Buscar por:
Relaciones Internacionales
Estructura Organizativa
Programas y Becas de Movilidad
Programas de la Unión Europea
International Students/Estudiantes Internacionales
Certificados de Nivel de Conocimiento de Idiomas Extranjeros
  Practicas Estudiantes  
Implantación de un Sistema de Calidad en Relaciones Internacionales de la UZ
Asociaciones a las que pertenece la UZ
  Enlaces de Interés  
Cooperación Universitaria al Desarrollo
  Cooperación en la UZ  
Sugerencias y Quejas
Información Académica
Acceso a la Universidad
Primer y Segundo Ciclo
Estudios Oficiales de Máster
Estudios de Doctorado
Estudios Propios
Programa de Estudiantes Visitantes
Relaciones Internacionales
Becas y Ayudas
Centro de Información Universitaria y Reclamaciones

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions - ENGLISH



  Welcome to the University of Zaragoza!
  What can I study at the University of Zaragoza?
  Any special offers for international students?
  Who helps me by my first day at the University of Zaragoza?
  What about the fees?
  Housing and Residential Life.
  When to Apply for Admissions? Admission procedures.
  How to enrol.
  Any cultural or sports offers?
  What if I have a problem?
  What should I know before coming to Spain? (visa)
  Let us help you


1. Welcome to the University of Zaragoza!

We want to welcome you to the University of Zaragoza! Although founded in 1542, the University of Zaragoza (with its 35.000 students spread among the different campuses in the provinces of Zaragoza, Huesca and Teruel) has not lost the beat of the times. Meeting point of an increasingly multicultural population with science and research, this institution wants to remain open to a constantly widening and evolving world.

Zaragoza: http://www.unizar.es
Huesca: http://www.unizar.es/vrhuesca/



Academic staff at the University of Zaragoza are highly specialised and have a broad research and teaching experience. Not only in Spanish as a Foreign Language, but also in fields as interesting to international students as Spanish Literature, Geography, Archaeology, Cinema, History, Biocomputation and Physics of Complex Systems (BIFI Research Group), Aragón Institute for Engineering Research (I3A), Homogeneous Catalysis Research Institute (IUCH) and Nanotechnologies among many others.

Zaragoza is, above all, its friendly and welcoming people. We encourage you to visit the University of Zaragoza –and the city– so that you can explore the Zaragoza experience.


2. What can I study at the University of Zaragoza?

Almost everything you are interested in… as long as you speak Spanish. The offer of subjects taught in English is not very wide at the moment. But if you are interested in these subjects, click here. If you want to explore the rest of the subjects offered, you have to look for them in the respective Centres or Faculties.

For more information, click here.

If you don’t speak Spanish yet, we can offer you our Spanish courses – also as Summer Courses. Please click here and find useful information.

If you are coming within an exchange programme, do please refer to the web page of the Faculty/ School your Institution has an agreement with.


3. Any special offers for international students?

Yes, of course: if you register for 21 credits (210 hours) of the Special Spanish Culture and Literature Courses (or any other offered course) now you will get a free 90-hour intensive Spanish Course in September (or an equivalent discount for other Spanish courses). And now, under the new regulation for “Short Term Study Abroad Programmes”, the University of Zaragoza will be able to offer certain subjects as partial courses.



4. Who will help me on my first day at the University of Zaragoza?
Almost every Centre organizes welcome and orientating meetings for international students. Depending on the Centre, this meetings can be organized by former exchange students or by the Vice dean for International Relations. The most advisable thing to do, is to click and look if –and when- the Faculty you have chosen offers any special activities.


5. What about the fees?

Fees are mandatory and non-refundable (except on exceptional cases). The fee depends on the number of Credit Units (UoC) registered. As a Visiting Student you can take partial studies (courses) of first, second or third cycle level. For third cycle (PhD) a degree is required. The available subjects, their accompanying activities and their access requirements will be set yearly by the different departments and published on the corresponding web site. These are the official registration prices for visiting students for the academic year 2007-08, but they will be lower next year:

Official Registration Prices for Visiting Students 2007-2008

Cost per credit in First or Second Cycle Studies
Cost per credit in Third Cycle Studies
Experiment / Practice Degree 1 *
Experiment / Practice Degree 2 **
Experiment / Practice Degree 3 ***
Experiment / Practice Degree 4 ****
Experiment / Practice Degree 5 *****
Experiment / Practice Degree 6 ******

* Physiotherapy, Nursing, Medicine

** Food Technology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Geology, Dietetics and Nutrition, Veterinary Science, Physical and Sporting Activity Sciences

*** Computer Science Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Technical Industrial Engineering, Industrial Electronics, Industrial Chemistry, Electricity, Mechanics, Technical Engineering in Industrial Design, Diploma in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Speciality (Machine Construction), Systems Engineering, Diploma in Agricultural Engineering, Mechanics, Public Works Engineering, Technical Engineer in Management Computing, Technical Engineering in Telecomunications (Electronic Systems)

Degree in Physics, Diploma in Optics and Optometry.

***** Diploma in Statistics, Diploma in Library Management and Documentation, Diploma in Occupational Therapy, Pre-school Educcation, Teacher, Physical Education Teacher, Foreign Language Primary Teacher, Special Education Teacher, Primary Teacher, Musical Education Teacher, Audition and Language, Degree in Educational Psychology, Mathematics (Degree).

****** English Philology, French Philology, Hispanic Philology, Classical Philology, Geography, History, History of Art, Philosophy (Degrees), Diploma in Tourism, Degree in Economics, Degree in Business Administration and Management, Degree in Law, Joint Program: Management and Business Administration / Law, Diploma in Business Science, Diploma in Social Work, Degree in Humanities, Diploma in Labour Relations, Diploma in Public Management and Administration.


6. Housing and Residential Life

Once at your destination, it is not very difficult to find a flat to share with other students, and most of the Spanish students chose this kind of accommodation. Depending on the kind of flat (with or without heating, lift, nice location, age of the building…) the average monthly price for a room is between € 150 and € 300. We can help you with your search by clicking here. A full flat can cost between € 500 and € 700 a month. Lodging in Huesca or Teruel is a little cheaper.

You can also live in a Hall of Residence (Colegio Mayor Universitario), and it is a nice way of meeting people.

There are two Residence halls on the main Campus (Campus de San Francisco). Click the links below, if you want to know about the prices:
- CMU Pedro Cerbuna (250 rooms) (see picture)
   Contact here.
- CMU Santa Isabel (192 rooms)
   Contact here.
- Residencia Juvenil Baltasar Gracián (168 double rooms) Contact here.


C.M.U. Ramón Acín (125 single and double rooms). To contact:

C.M.U. Pablo Serrano (96 sigle rooms).

There are more private residence halls. For more information, send an email to: alojami@unizar.es or click here (only Spanish version, sorry).

If you are ERASMUS Student, you can apply online.

If you need a map, click here.

By the way, meals can be included in the price (in Cerbuna, for example, but not in Santa Isabel), and not all rooms are single rooms. If you are sharing a flat and you do not like cooking, you can eat at the cafeterias in the Faculties. Most of them offer full meals for more or less 4,- euros. All around the Campus you can find relatively cheap restaurants. A meal for € 7 is not difficult to find.

You can also live with a family or share a flat with an elder person: this last option is becoming very popular and students who have already tried it, are very positive about the experience.


7. When to Apply for Admissions. Admission procedures

- If you are a student with foreign non-university studies which can be accredited as equivalent to Spanish Secondary Education Studies (secondary, LOGSE, or vocational training).
- If you area a student who wishes to do a doctorate.
- If you wish to study courses specific to the University of Zaragoza.
- If you wish to apply for the Special Courses on Spanish Literature and Culture.


8. How to enrol

You can enrol at your University Centre (Faculty, School, etc.). The address is shown on the back cover of your Enrolment Guide. Or from home (on line). In both cases please use the self-enrolment system. You can obtain the following documents from the Reception Booth at your Centre: Guide, teaching schedules and examination dates.

Read the information posters at the institution or get additional information from the institution’s Reception Counter

Prior Appointment: To enrol you must have an appointment. You will receive it at home, informing you of the day and hour you should go to your centre for enrolment. You will also receive this information at the email address you gave the University. Click here.

If you wish to enrol in February, you should clearly indicate it on the enrolment sheet (you will find it under the Forms Section), as well as the email address to which the prior appointment for that enrolment period should be sent.

Remember, you will not be able to enrol without a previous appointment.

If you want to know about the different types of registration (enrolment periods, enrolment in first year courses for the first time, enrolment in first year courses for students repeating courses, enrolment in all other courses, automated enrolment, incompatible courses), click here.

If you are a EU citizen, you have passed an exam that grants access to university studes in your country and you want to study at the University of Zaragoza, you just need a credential issued by the UNED (Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia). More information at: http://portal.uned.es (Acceso Unión Europea).

If you are a non-EU citizen you have two options:

1) You can take the national Spanish university entrance exam (Examen de Selectividad) at the U.N.E.D. More information at: http://portal.uned.es (Selectividad), or:

2) If you already are a university student in your country, please get in touch with the faculty/college/school you want to study in to ask about admission detalis.

9. Any cultural or sports offers?

Yes, of course.There is a wide offer on all campuses. You can take actively part on them and play theatre, play in our orchestra, or join the chorus.
Please click here for further information.

If you are looking for challenging activities, click here.

Sports: The rugby team always needs new players. You can also learn flamenco, capoeira… it is a nice way to meet Spanish people.

There is also a cultural life besides the University. If you want to see more, click the links below:
- Auditorio de Zaragoza.
- Teatro.
- Guía del ocio.


10. What if I have a problem?

You can always ask for help at our services. The University of Zaragoza helps you with legal and psychological assistance. And you can always ask the International Relations Office for help.


11. What should I know before coming to Spain?

* If you are EU citizen: countries of the European Union (Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Netherlands, Ireland, Italy, Luxemburg, Portugal, United Kingdom, Sweden, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Cyprus and Malta), citizens of the rest of the countries belonging to the European Economical Space Agreement (Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) and citizens of the Swiss Confederation, you should know, that…:
  - you need a valid passport or an identity card. They must be valid and include the nationality of the holder.
  - the citizens of the European Union have the right to enter, leave, circulate and remain freely in Spain as long as they have previously fulfilled the legal procedures.
  - they may apply to any activity, both as freelance and as hired employee, under the same conditions as Spanish citizens (except for some jobs at the Public Administration)
  - if you want to carry out official studies, the valid identity card or passport will be enough.

For faqs, click here (there is an English version).

* If you are not a citizen of a EU country or another country belonging to the European Economical Space Agreement, you need the corresponding visa. You have to apply for the visa before coming to Spain. You can do it at a Spanish Consular Office, located in your country of origin or residence, at least two months before starting your journey.

* Looking for the nearest Spanish Consular Office?


- … you must have been officially accepted by any official Spanish teaching or research institution, in order to study or to carry out non-paid research or teaching tasks. The time schedule to follow (not shorter than three months) must be specified as well as the detailed plan for studies, research or teaching.

- … you must have guaranteed the necessary economical resources to cover the cost of your studies, your stay and the return to your country.

- … the stay permit depends on the studies duration and periodicity. The fact of cancelling or finishing the studies makes the permit non-valid.

- …the stay permit validity might be limited to the duration of studies, research or training terms. If they last more than twelve months, it will be renovated annually.

- … if you are in Spain with the aim of studying, you are not authorized to undertake any paid activity neither on your own account nor for somebody else. You can be allowed to have a part-time job (or a job with a limited duration). There is only one exception: as an international student, you can be hired as working staff for the public administration (as long as it does not affect the continuation of your studies).

* Mandatory Student Insurance: In any case, students must be fully insured for illness and accident. All international students must purchase the medical insurance required. An exemption can be made for those already holding an insurance policy, which meets all criteria set forth by the host institution. This exemption must be made prior to departure.

We know the admission/application process can be challenging… especially when you are living abroad. But we are committed to assisting you and making the process move as smoothly as possible. Please, let us help you!

Campus de San Francisco
Information Centre
Universidad de Zaragoza.
C/ Pedro Cerbuna, 12.
50009 Zaragoza.

Opening times:
Mondey-Friday: From 9 h. to 14 h.
From 15th May to 30th June and from 1st September to 15th October also opened from 17 to 19 h.
During the inscription days also Saturdays from 10 to 13 h.

Campus Río Ebro (Actur)
Information Centre
Universidad de Zaragoza. Edificio Ada Byron. (Conserjería)
C/ María de Luna, 3.
50018 Zaragoza.

Campus Huesca:

Campus Teruel:
Secretaría Campus de Teruel
Edificio Vicerrectorado
Campus Universitario deTeruel
C/ Ciudad Escolar, s/n
454003 Teruel (España)
Teléfono: 978618100
Fax: 978618107


©2010 Vicegerencia Académica
©2010 Universidad de Zaragoza (Pedro Cerbuna 12, 50009 ZARAGOZA-ESPAÑA | Tfno. información: (34) 976-761001)